Backup/Recovery (was Duplicating a hard drive)

sinck@corp.quepasa.com sinck@corp.quepasa.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:09:40 -0700 (MST)

\_ Ok now I know I do not want to do this.
\_
\_ Another approach I was considering was
\_ creating a CD which would do the recovery
\_ of the drive.  (sort of recovery people get
\_ when they buy computers from places like IBM)

I've had several friendly thoughts of having a fully enabled mini
linux on one of those CD business cards for recovering random machines
that I get requests to bring up.  It'd have all the kernal modules on
it + recovery tools as needed...

Those things can hold about 16M, I think....that ought to be plenty,
but, alas, not having a writer nor a blank writeable biz card cd....

The net-install RH floppy solves most of the problems, though.  :-)

David