new video card problems--mouse cursor becomes a box?

arson smith arsonsmith@hotmail.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:26:25 GMT

Check the settings for hardware and software mouse.
sometimes switching from one to the other will fix
mouse problems.  this will be a setting somewhere
in /etc/X11/XF86Conifg (or other place depending on dist).

As for the voodoo2 it is supported check the 3dfx web
site as they have the drivers there or check the 3dfx howto
in the regular howtos.  I run dual voodoo2 1000 pci in
sli mode for 1024x768 myth, ut and quake1-2-3  I love it,
linux is now my primary gameing computer. one of the only
things i missed from the windows days even though my play
station helped with that.

Bill Warner