what I like about SuSE

James, Justin justin.james@intel.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:04:31 -0800

I have tried Corel and did not like the install for the most part.  During
the install if you have linux partitions already created it does not give
you the options to mount them.  You have to delete any existing linux
partition and recreate them to be able to mount them.  Then once you create
the partition there is no way to change where it is mounted without deleting
the partition again and recreating it.

Other than that so far the Corel distribution has been ok so far but I have
not really had time to play around a lot.

Justin

-----Original Message-----
From: arson smith [mailto:arsonsmith@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2000 3:58 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: what I like about SuSE

Its too bad Debian wasn't a lot easier to install.  even
with the new potato which I am running now it is not easy
to install.  but I have knowticed that with Debian every
thing seems to always work the way the How-tos and faqs and
most other things say they are suppose to.  Debian is kind
of the Distribution independent distribution :)  But dependency
problems are almost nil in Debian because of apt being able
to fill any that are missing automagicly.

Debian is the one "true" linux Developed in the linux way.

Bill W

ps I have no problems with other distributions I like redhat
and suse didnt care much for col and havent tried the new
Corel linux slakeware was preaty cool and I like the ideas
behind stampede.  Mandrake is cool.   enough rambling im leaving
this message....