Linux in Business

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:42:19 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Jim W wrote:

> Since when has the Republic been a source of any meaningful information
> regarding technology?  AFAIK, anything that they print is either a reprint
> or some meaningless pro-M$ garbage (aka the Computing section).  IMHO, I
> think M$ has a pretty tight grip on the press in this town.  The Republic
> has always been known as a company organ, and I don't see that changing in
> the future.

David Hoye has been complimentary of us a couple of times. The problem
with press in general is that they're idiots. They don't understand the
subject they're reporting on and therefore can't do a decent job.

American "news" orgs are especially bad. I stopped reading things years
ago when I got tired of being able to make corrections to articles in
*every* issue. This usually included subjects about which I had no
knowledge. A typical mistake was to "report" one fact at the beginning of
an article, then later in the article to "report" the opposite.

Part of my family is or was press :).

ciao,

der.hans
--