sys conf control scripts

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 00:52:01 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, D. Taylor wrote:

> For conf files, CVS, mtree from the *BSD world, or
> tripwire come to mind.

The master records will be in CVS. My eventual goal is to have everything
CVS fed from one machine, but I need something to track changes that might
happen on the host machines, e.g. I want to know when /etc/resolv.conf
gets changed. tripwire would do that. Isn't it proprietary?

I also want to be able to track changes that appear in /proc. CVS probably
isn't the correct tool for that.

What's mtree? Found some stuff, but nothing explaining what it does or
how.

ciao,

der.hans
--