ucita, I was slashdotted!

Robert Leonard robertbleonard@hotmail.com
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:09:22 PST

I apologize for the previous post i made, i normally check linuxtoday, and
look at the /. front page to see if anything interesting has happened.  I
guess this is what I get for taking any stock in "news for nerds".

All that passed the House or Senate was a joint resolution to create a joint
subcommittee to study the UCITA and its language. And of course that passed
unanimously. All the legislators want to have more information on this, and
a technical subcommittee is one of the best ways to get it. The bill was not
passed. Not only that, but the report from the subcommittee isn't due until
December 1, 2000. So it won't even be voted on until 2001.