[Fwd: Serial terminal program]

J. Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 07:19:42 -0700

I am using Linux with SPARC IPX/CLASSIC/2 and minicom is my
program of choice.
Make sure that it is set up correctly:
9600-8-n-1, /dev/ttyS[0-3]
and use a nullmodem cable or adapter.

Contact me off list for details.

JLF Sends...

It seems like on Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 05:43:48PM -0700, Kevin Brown scribbled:
Orig Msg> Sorry to send you a message directly but I can't subscribe to mailing lists from
Orig Msg> work
Orig Msg> and this is my only internet access for now (until either ADSL or Cable Modem is
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> available in my area). I have Linux running on a Sparc20, and an external
Orig Msg> machine
Orig Msg> to which I can connect a serial cable on which the console (including all
Orig Msg> startup
Orig Msg> and debug info) is running. I'm presently using an NCD X terminal for this
Orig Msg> purpose
Orig Msg> but would prefer to slowly get that box off my desk and replace it permanently
Orig Msg> with a Linux machine. For that I need to know which terminal program I can use.
Orig Msg> I've tried minicom but that didn't see to work quite right (expecting a modem).
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Would you have any suggestions? BTW I don't have kermit installed (default RH6.1
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> istallation)
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Thanks!