zdnet article on Linux security

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 23:21:53 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Mike Sheldon wrote:

> >>Also wasn't the RH dns prob on dists that at the time were already a
> couple of releases old?<<
>
> BIND versions up to 8.2.2 patchlevel 3 are listed as having remotely
> rootable exploits. Only *VERY* recent distros are 8.2.2p3 or higher, and
> RedHat 6.1 isn't one of them.  8.2.2p3 was released in November.

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable updates

life is nice :). Is there RH, SuSE, etc. equivalents? We should post such
regularly to remind people.

Debian slink:
Version: 1:8.2.2p5-0slink1.1

Debian potato on PPC:
Version: 1:8.2.2p5-7

Debian potato on x86:
Version: 1:8.1.2-5

Except I'm not running dns on any of my debian boxen :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#                  der.hans@LuftHans.com                  #