ATIC Cross Post

Robert Leonard robertbleonard@hotmail.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 12:50:32 PST

FYI,

It's in our best interest to attend this meeting.  Rep. Wong is the chairman
of the Technology committee, and the Internet Tax and Ucita will cross his
desk.

A working dialogue with him will get us far further, than waiting untill
these issues are up for debate, and then try to get an audience with him.

Arizona Telecommunications and Information Council (ATIC) Meeting
This Thursday, February 17, 2000 from 3:30-5:00 PM
Tucson/Phoenix Video Teleconference (See locations below)

A Technology/New Economy Perspective:
Arizona Legislative Status and Outlook

You are invited to attend the February 17 meeting of the Arizona
Telecommunications and Information Council. ATIC meetings include
great programs, with special guests covering the best of current
telecom policy and industry trends. These meetings are held as a
videoconference between Phoenix and Tucson sites and are free
and open to all. Please plan on attending and pass this invitation
on to others that might be interested. (Note: Yes, we know
Microsoft is rolling out Windows 2000 that day and we've
moved our meeting later to miss most of it (10:30AM - 5:15PM).
We advise you bail after 4 hours and join us for our great legislative
and public policy forum. Isn't that enough Microsoft for one day?)

Thursday, February 17, 3:00 - 5:00 PM ATIC Agenda:

Representative Barry Wong (R - District 18):
     Technology and the New Economy - Legislative Initiatives
          Venture Capital Access Programs and Funding Outlook
          Internet Taxation Moratorium - Just Say No!
          Technology Incubators - Nurturing for Tech Startups

Information Technology and Internet Focus:
     Ed Denison, President, Arizona Software & Internet
          Association (AZSOFT.net)
     Bob Hagen, Co-chair, Information Technology
          Association of SouthernArizona (ITASA)
On the legislative and policy issues:
          High Tech/E-commerce Enablers & New Economy Initiatives
          Arizona Partnership for the New Economy (APNE)
          Information Technology Workforce Development
          Tax Credit For IT Professional Training
          GSPED High Tech Cluster Funding
          Tech Oasis Committee

Susan Patrick, Strategic Communication Manager,
Government Information & Technology Agency (GITA)
     E-nabling Bills including: Electronic Transaction Act,
          State Credit Card Acceptance, & E-Notary
     Governor's No Wrong Door Strategy

John Badal, Executive Director, Arizona Competitive
Telecommunications Coalition (ACTC)
     Telecom Specific State Legislation - Rights-of-Way (ROW),
     Mutlitenant Building Access, Theft of Service, Consumer Protection

Gail Thackeray (Invited), Arizona Attorney General (AG) Office
     Computer Crime and Fraud Legislation
     Consumer Protection

Ted Kraver, Executive Director, Arizona Learning Technology Partnership
     Educational Technology Funding -
          Training Our Teachers to Put Technology to Work

Mary Johnson, Deputy Director, Department of Library,
Archives and Public Records (DLAPR)
     Schools, libraries and Internet Content Filtering
     Library funding and the Digital Divide

PHOENIX: MindSpring Enterprises, 3255 E. Elwood St., Phoenix (Exit I-10
at 32nd St. and go North, on the NW corner of University and Elwood,
Host: Mike March. Additional Information: Mark Goldstein (602) 470-0389)

TUCSON: Room 201 - University of Arizona College Of Law, NW
Corner of Speedway and Mountain. Parking is available in the garage
on Park and Speedway. Host: Mohyddin Abdulaziz (Mo). Additional
Information: Steve Peters (520) 321-1309 or stevepeters@theriver.com).