help a poor newbie

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@uswest.net
Sun, 06 Feb 2000 15:14:39 -0700

> > > 1)  I cant get my supermount to work in Mandrake 7, however I read that
> > > Mandrake sets CD-R's (my main cd drive is one)  to IDE  by default and
> they
> > > need to be set to SCSI (SCSI emulation?  dunno Ich bin neubie)

From past posts it has been determined that Supermount doesn't work.  You need
to find and install the normal mount utils (mount, umount, etc...).  CD-R's only
need SCSI emulation for the burning software and should still be mountable as an
IDE device if the emulation isn't enabled.

Check out the homepage of CDRecord and here is a good Readme for CD-R's
http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/man/README/README.ATAPI
--
"Intel giveth and Microsoft Taketh Away" - Gordon Moore