no images defined

Mike Starke mgcon@neta.com
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 20:56:31 -0700 (MST)

I just recompiled my kernel (have done many in the past), and
can't get it to recognize my new image. Here is the process
I use:
cd /usr/src/linux
make mrproper
make menuconfig
make dep; make clean; make bzImage; make modules; make modules_install
cp /arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/<image name>
edit lilo for new image name
lilo

Lilo spits out "No images have been defined"
I have never had to monkey with /boot/map, I thought
just running lilo would take care of things.

I must have missed a meeting somewhere and I'm getting
frustrated here (spilt tea in my laptop this mornin->fried
the keyboard, I upgraded my Debian box last night, and between
this, the keyboard getting remaped, and mouse not working

Any help with lilo would be appreciated right now.

Mike
mgcon@getnet.com
http://www.getnet.com/~mgcon
Phoenix, AZ