Fw: GCC-RITA Social Computing & Linux Lan

Trent Shipley TShipley@Prodigy.net
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 19:00:07 -0700

I can't find the original in the Archive, and I never got the original, so
here's a resend.

----- Original Message -----
From: Trent Shipley
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sent: Thursday, 03 February, 2000 20:54
Subject: GCC-RITA Social Computing & Linux Lan

Starting on Friday, 25 February 2000 the Glendale Community College Regional
Information Technology Association along with two GCC departments will be
sponsoring an Open Lab for Social Computing.

The lab is only open to GCC faculty, staff, and students.  However, any
Maricopa county resident can get computer privledges for a semester by
enrolling in NC-500.  NC-500 costs $24.00.  GCC (and other MCCCD colleges)
also offer an open-entry open-exit introductory course in UNIX that might be
interesting to those totally new to the *NIX world.  (See GCC's web site at
http://www.gc.maricopa.edu)

Planned activities include internet access through a sizable pipe, access to
MS Office 2000, Leggo robots, and multi-user recreational programs.

We will also be renovating some old 486 computers.  The hope is to load
Linux on the machines and build a thin-net LAN.

RITA's web page is at:  http://gecko.gc.maricopa.edu/clubs/rita/

(I hope to update it this weekend.)

Sincerely,

Trent Shipley
RITA President

P.S. RITA is a chartered Glendale Community College club.
All donations are tax deductable.