Version control and issue management solutions?

David Demland demland@home.com
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 08:15:45 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C07301.DFCEAFC0

I have not used Bugzilla, but almost three years ago when we were =
looking for a bug tracking package I started a list of needs, like to =
have, and would be nice. The goal was to replace our "home grown" bug =
database and we were thinking about writing a new in house bug database. =
After about six months of everyone in development filling in the list it =
took very little time to see that we would not be able to do this =
ourselves. At this point I start looking at what was on the market. I =
checked out about six or seven different products. The only one that met =
everything on our list was QA Radar by Segue. I went to upper management =
showed why we needed this product and got it in house. Today it is =
called Silk Radar and it is still the best bug database we have ever =
had. This is no signs that we will out grow this one.

As far as CVS I am still working with it to see if it will work for us. =
At this point I am using CVS on a NT server with WinCVS as the font end =
on the client side. The basic functions seem to work well, but I have =
not had success, at this point, of getting an older file version that is =
not labeled. This could be a problem for us when working with concurrent =
development of code like we have to do at times. I will let you know =
more as I work with it. Just call me. My work number is (602) 953-4888 =
and home is (602) 955-3248.

Thank You,

David Demland
  ----- Original Message -----=20