Video card for viewing cable

Subba Rao Subba Rao <subb3@attglobal.net>
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 20:43:50 +0000

On  0, Jonathan Claxton <jzc@primenet.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Subba Rao wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am new to the Video on Linux area. Is there an FAQ for this field?
> > My plans on Linux is to add the capability to view video(VCR) and TV/cable.
> > Is there a recommended Video card that I should invest in? What are the video
> > cards that I need to avoid? My current kernel is 2.2.16.
> >

> I have a Hauppange TV card that I have been using for the last two or
> three years and I watch TV/VCR on it all the time. BTW, I use my VCR  to
> watch TV since it can feed a stronger signal into  the TV card since if I
> feed a RF one, it seems that inside that PC, it drowns it out. :/
>
> Basically any card with a BT 848 or 878 chip will work. There may be
> others that can work just as well.

Thank you for replying with this suggestion. I did find a Hauppange WinTV Go
at the local Best Buy. Does it use the BT chipset? I could not find any info
about the chipset on the box and at the Hauppange web site.

Thank you once again and wish you all a Happy New Year.
--

Subba Rao
subb3@attglobal.net