Lilo problem

Charlie Bullen sw1006@swtravel.com
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 09:41:51 -0700

Hello, I am back on this list after being off for a while. Here is my
problem, Ive always booted linux from a floppy, but recently installed SuSE
7.0 and decided that I wanted to dual boot (unfortunatley Win98) from my
hard drive. I installed SuSE and was able to get the system to boot to SuSE,
but not to Win98. This was because I didn't know to hit tab to get the
option to boot to WIn98. I then did fdisk /mbr and copy sys c: to resote the
windows boot to the MBR and since then I can't get lilo back now that I know
about tab.

Ive tried /sbin/lilo but it doesnt write to the MBR for some reason. I have
Suse on /dev/hda4 and windows on /dev/hda1.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Charlie