Debian and Storm

Bucky Goldstein buckyG@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 22:00:37 -0700

"J.L.Francois" wrote:

[snip]

> Here is mine. Normal caveats, YMMV,TANSTAAFL, Objects in mirror closer than
> they appear, item may or mau not be fit for human combustion, etc.
>                                                     ^^^ not a typo.
> Remember the lines may wrap in transit and may need to be fixed.
>
> ==============CUT HERE===============

[snip]

hehehe, that's excellent!

I did an everything install of Storm from a CD I got off a Maximum Linux
magazine and it had the coolest install of Enlightenment.  But something
was messed up with it and it sometimes wouldn't let me do things as
root.  Never figured it out but maybe I'll try it again with some debian
upgrades.

I think Pee Kay will need to issue something like:

apt-get update
apt-get -f dist-upgrade
apt-get install debconf
apt-get install task-potato-upgrade

BTW, www.progeny.com has an upgrade for Debian now with this line in
sources.list
deb http://archive.progeny.com progeny main contrib non-free

They have an interesting feature called "NOW"
http://www.progeny.com/now/

And the President of Progeny is Ian (of deb IAN, wife's name DEBra)
Murdock.

They're a nice bunch on #progeny irc.openprojects.com

Bucky
--
(defun do-nothing()
  (interactive)