Debian and Storm

Donald Martinez donald.martinez@thelinuxstore.com
Tue, 26 Dec 2000 19:27:09 -0700

--------------6F0EF71E1F68F1AF86F80D8E

You can definitely change your sources.list to woody it would be the same as if you were doing a dist upgrade with debian potato. I have spoken with there tech support and they said the only real difference between storm and debian is the install and their
storm administration tool.  They are also an official debian mirror and maintainer for debian.

As far as the difference between unstable and testing...........

I have no idea  :)

Donald

Pee Kay wrote:

> I have a couple questions.
>
> First about Debian. I know there is this testing phase now added. So woody is no long unstable its concidered testing? And unstable is now SID? I have read through some stuff on it and I am still confused on what testing is compared to what unstable is?
>
> Second if I have a Storm Linux workstation can I change my sources to woody instead of potato and do a dist-upgrade? I mean has anyone done this without a large amount of side effects ?
>
> Thanks
>
> P.S. On the subject of debian is there a place with a list of good locations to add or make a sources.list?
>
> P-K

Donald Martinez                 mailto:donald.martinez@thelinuxstore.com
Product Manager                 http://www.thelinuxstore.com
TheLinuxLab.com                 http://www.thelinuxlab.com
800-217-9035  ext. 1063         (480) 778-1063 - Direct

--------------6F0EF71E1F68F1AF86F80D8E

You can definitely change your sources.list to woody it would be the same
as if you were doing a dist upgrade with debian potato. I have spoken with
there tech support and they said the only real difference between storm
and debian is the install and their storm administration tool.&nbsp; They
are also an official debian mirror and maintainer for debian.
woody is no long unstable its concidered testing? And unstable is now SID?
I have read through some stuff on it and I am still confused on what testing
is compared to what unstable is?
woody instead of potato and do a dist-upgrade? I mean has anyone done this
without a large amount of side effects ?
to add or make a sources.list?
if your mail doesn't post to the list quickly and you use Netscape to write
mail.

<pre>--&nbsp;
Donald Martinez&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF="mailto:donald.martinez@thelinuxstore.com">mailto:donald.martinez@thelinuxstore.com</A>
Product Manager&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF="http://www.thelinuxstore.com">http://www.thelinuxstore.com</A>
TheLinuxLab.com&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF="http://www.thelinuxlab.com">http://www.thelinuxlab.com</A>
800-217-9035&nbsp; ext. 1063&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (480) 778-1063 - Direct</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

--------------6F0EF71E1F68F1AF86F80D8E--