Linux and Toshiba

Nicholas Draven Nicholas Draven" <rvnstorm@earthlink.net
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 00:05:14 -0700

Jean and Sonya,

    Thank you for the suggestion.  The Linux Laptop Page, was a real help.
Also the suggestion of Debian.  I tried installing that from CD and it
worked like a champ, where as the original distro I wanted still does not
boot from cd.  <Shrug> used Debian before will use it again.
    I did find out the A-drive problem was that the disk was mislabeled as
my boot disk.

Nick

----- Original Message -----
From: "J.L.Francois" <frenchie@magusnet.gilbert.az.us>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2000 11:13 AM
Subject: Re: Linux and Toshiba

> It seems like on Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 12:19:14AM -0700, Nicholas Draven
scribbled:
> Orig Msg> Hello all.
> Orig Msg>
> Orig Msg>     I recently was tasked to install Linux on a Toshiba
Satellite laptop.  So far I have not been able to get Linux installed since
the cd-rom does not recognize the Linux boot sector.  I have found this to
be true also to some degree with the a-drive.  When I do get it to boot,
there is a problem with the video, just going blank.
> Orig Msg>
> Orig Msg>     Has anyone here installed Linux on a Toshiba?  Any good
hints? Also, if there has been success... which distribution?  I have been
to slashdot, and freshmeat, and have not seen that much said, nor the
Toshiba website.  Anyone know of any other good resources?