Summer on PCs

Kevin Saling networkpro@email.com
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:41:55 -0700

It has been my experience that this is far too unpredictable.  Extreme heat
over long periods of time can make PC components do some pretty entertaining
things.  :-)

I've tried this a few times, during fits of optimism.  I have an ethernet
hub in my garage that is wired into my house, and thus onto the internet.  I
have tried setting up a table in the garage for building new boxes.  I tried
doing FTP installs of OpenBSD, Linux, LRP, Solaris, etc.  However, the
hardware was too flaky.  The same hardware had no problems with installs
after cooling down inside the house.

...Kevin