DHCPD madness

Digital Wokan wokan@home.com
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 19:47:47 -0700

There's a route you need to add to your Linux box for 255.255.255.255
for it to work as a DHCP server to Windows clients.  (Yes, the HOW-TO
even called it screwed up on MS's part.)

/sbin/route add -net 255.255.255.255 netmask 255.255.255.255 dev eth0
(or whatever device is connected to the LAN)

That should have been a part of /etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcpd assuming you
installed it from the 7.2 RPM's.  (I'm reading this off a Mdk7.2 install
right now.)

--
Digital Wokan
Tribal mage of the electronics age