Linux as a DHCP client for Cox @ home

Hawke proudhawk19021@home.com
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:57:13 +0000

I am.
first of all, you have to make sure that yiur firewall (if you are
using one) doesn't block the DHCP broadcasts.

Secondly,
to use dhcp (or pump) you must issue the command like so:
dhcpcd -h <your hostname here>

I use: dhcpcd -h cx358876-c

it generally takes a couple of minutes, but then it comes right up.
some of the startuo scripts may have thissetup (but knowing redhat
I rather doubt it).

If this doesn't work for you, then I'm at a loss.

Hawke