opening programs

Jason M. Adkins stitch_jma@yahoo.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 23:05:09 -0800 (PST)

just loaded mandrake 7.2 and because i'm always
chatting online with
friends i decided to load yahoo messenger when done.
to open this
program i simply have to type the command from a
terminal window, but
if that terminal window is closed the program also
closes. anyway to
run a program like that without having to open the
terminal window?

hey, so i'm just a windows guy used to easy shortcuts.
maybe i'm just
tring to run too many os's over here. but at least
i've got a lot
covered.

(In run the menu editor for the Window Manager you ar
eusing and jsut put in a new menu item.  There should
be checkbox to indicate whether or not you want a
program to run in a terminal window or not.  That's
how I set up Yahoo Messenger to work on my LM 7.1 and
7.2 system.