df report

plug@arcticmail.com plug@arcticmail.com
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 22:56:58 -0700

Yeah, that is another possibility.  Rather than
replacing find and ls on your (possibly) compromised
filesystem, you may want to download Tom's bootroot

     http://www.toms.net/rb/

floppy, boot to the floppy, mount the suspect
filesystem on the floppy, then use the ls (and
du and find and so on) binary on the floppy to
do your investigation.  One thing to look for
is files and/or dirs named "...".

Assuming that you mount the suspect filesystem
on the floppy's /mnt directory, what does

cd /mnt
du -k | grep -v '/.*/'

tell you?

Good hunting,