C++ Developer Opening

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 18:03:26 -0800

Last time it was me that harassed the recruiter for posting, this time I'm
going to take the opportunity to defend him.

Leave it alone. He's posting a job opening. So far we have one guy that does
this, and he's polite enough to do it only occasionally. This battle has
gone full circle I don't know how many times, and each time it has always
ended with the collective acceptance of the group allowing him to post. Can
we just leave it at that? Do we have to get immature about it? Do I need to
flush out 20 emails of retarded comments?

Also, when and if those of us who are interested decide to respond, it would
be appreciated if that response could be private and not public?

-----Original Message-----
From: plug@arcticmail.com [mailto:plug@arcticmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 5:19 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: C++ Developer Opening

No, David's the guy standing next to the guy
in the red suit.  David's the one in the tee-
shirt with the Federal Witness Protection
Program insignia and the words "You don't
know me" on both sides.

FWIW, I agree with David on "raising the bar"
with respect to permitting recruiters/pimps
to post "ho's wanted" messages to the list.
I SERIOUSLY doubt that many recruiters would
care enough about Linux/*BSD/The Free Software
Movement to physically attend the meetings.
A mailing list is simply a near-zero-cost
highly-targetted advertising medium.

For those who say "I want a job but I can't
find a pimp, so I want recruiters to spam
mailing lists," there's an entire INTERNET
chock full of pimps around the world willing
to care for you.  Sites like dice.com and
monster.com would prolly be a good start.

Mi N$2,