Compiling Net::SSLeay on HPUX

Blake Barnett Blake.Barnett@DevelopOnline.com
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 17:10:51 -0700

Is SSL currently residing in /usr/local/ssl?

I know in many systems it has been moved to /usr (as the base,
bin/openssl include/ssl/ etc..)  This is why SSLeay wouldn't compile
for me.  It couldn't actually find the files.  I just got an HP box
here at work to play with, maybe next week I'll be able to try the
same thing.

If SSL is in /usr/local/ssl, then you may need to add the path to the
libs to your linker configuration.  (in linux for example add the
path to /etc/ld.so.conf) And then run ldconfig or the equivalent in
HP-UX.  If you haven't got it working by next week I'll be able to
help more then.

Blake Barnett
Sr. Unix Administrator for DevelopOnline.com
480.377.6816 T 480.736.9211 F
blake.barnett@developonline.com

- -----Original Message-----
From: Don Harrop [mailto:don@nis4u.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 5:07 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Compiling Net::SSLeay on HPUX

Does anyone know what kind of error this is?

>ld: DP relative code in file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.a(s2_meth.o)
>- shared library must be position independent.  Use +z or +Z to
>recompile.

I've wanted to get Webmin running on these bad boy HP's that I work
with
running through https.  So far I've had to grab and compile perl, gcc
and
binutils (for the two boxes that don't have an ansi C compiler),
Openssl,
and webmin.  Everything works right now except Net::SSLeay so
connections
to webmin are are limited with http.  Openssl compiled fine.  I've
even
got OpenSSH working so I know Openssl is good.  Why Net::SSLeay craps
out
on the linker is the only stumbling block I have left.  Any ideas?

Don