Detecting Computer Hardware Remotely from other PC station

Blake Barnett Blake.Barnett@DevelopOnline.com
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:58:57 -0700

We are doing very similar things at DevelopOnline.com, it gets very
convoluted when you want to do multiple OSs for multiple platforms.
It depends to what extent you want to actually configure the
hardware, if you want to be able to change IRQs, etc.  That's beyond
what I'm working on.  If you just want to know what is on the
clients, that's doable.  As for remote booting, there's plenty of
documentation and support for that so long as you are using standard
platforms (i386, Sparc, Alpha, etc..)

I'm working on Embedded devices and such.  If you have any specific
questions, by all means, ask away.  I'm afraid there are too many
peices to just give an overview or script to do it for you.

Blake Barnett
Sr. Unix Administrator for DevelopOnline.com
480.377.6816 T 480.736.9211 F
blake.barnett@developonline.com