ImageMagick as user install

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:37:49 -0700

It seems like on Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 08:24:24AM -0700, Armin Hartinger scribbled:
Orig Msg> With this package, can I define transparency of certain colors in GIFs?
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> If so, it might be a viable alternative.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> -Armin
Orig Msg>

Would I steer you wrong?

man ppmtogif:
================
NAME
       ppmtogif - convert a portable pixmap into a GIF file

[snipped]

       -transparent color
              Mark  the  given  color  as  transparent in the GIF
              file.  The color is  specified  as  in  ppmmake(1).
              Note  that this option outputs a GIF89a format file
              which might not be understood by your software.

       All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique pre-
       fix.

SEE ALSO
       giftoppm(1), ppmquant(1), ppm(5)

Jean Francois - JLF Sends...
President & CEO - MagusNet, Inc., MagusNet.com, MagusNet.Gilbert.AZ.US
MagusNet, Inc. - Design * Develop * Integrate
Director Of Managed Services - OpNIX,Inc., www.opnix.com
OpNIX - Simply Better Bandwidth
My Certifications: http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=1214021
Doing my part to educate the Clubie Illiterati.  One LART at a time!