gnome and kde

Kevin Buettner kev@primenet.com
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:04:51 -0700

On Dec 5,  9:52am, Lucas Vogel wrote:

> I'm not tracking it down. I'm sick and tired of constantly trying to track
> stupid problems like this one down. If I had a dime for every time I tried
> to install a piece of software, whether it be freshmeat or the KDE or just
> trying to listen to a CD, I could have bought a licensed version of Win2k
> and a compatible computer to run it on by now.

Lucas,

Free software doesn't get better unless all of us pitch in and help
out to the best of our abilities.  If there are interoperability
problems between GNOME (or KDE) and the Linux distribution that you're
using, the community would be well served by you (or someone) tracking
down the problem and fixing it (or at least documenting it) so that
someone else doesn't run into the same problem in the future.

If you don't feel that you're capable of tracking this problem down,
then at least submit a bug report with the relevant information to the
distribution maintainer and to the GNOME or KDE maintainers as well.

(If you do decide to track this problem down, reread the advice that
Rusty gave you yesterday.  I think it's right on target...)

Kevin