gnome and kde

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 07:04:05 -0800

what I ended up doing was telnet'ing into the box, starting up vncserver,
logging into that and running yast and changing the gui login screen to the
original default.

Someone e-mail me when KDE/Gnome are more usable. I'm going back to
AfterStep.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: der.hans [mailto:PLUGd@LuftHans.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 1:26 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: gnome and kde

Am 04. Dec, 2000 schwäzte Kevin Buettner so:

> Does VT switching via CTRL-ALT-F2, etc. work?

If it doesn't, ssh into the box, sudo to root and then use chvt to change
to a virtual terminal. After that see if the keyboard is working from
there.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  You can't handle the source! - der.hans