FW: Help - Linux Install problem!

Mike Starke mgcon@neta.com
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 11:28:02 -0700 (MST)

Judging from what I have quickly read in your message; there does not
appear to be a need to reinstall your system.

What I would do is boot the PC (reagrdless of how long
it hangs, it will boot), then disable ALL services that
want to start in the boot process. That is, httpd, mysql,
anything you really don't need to function.

Configure your network settings the way you wish. Make sure
everything is in order from 'netstat -nr' to 'ifconfig', to
your hosts, hosts.allow, hosts.deny, etc.

Now, sytart turning on your services, making sure they too
are configured the way you want.

Taking everything one step at a time makes the diagnostics
go easier. But certainly I don't see a need for a re-install.

Mike
mgcon@getnet.com
http://www.getnet.com/~mgcon
Phoenix, AZ