mandrake editting-mode

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 11:35:01 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

working with some drake boxen of various newer releases.

Some seem to honor the settings in ~/.inputrc, others do not. Also by
using "set editting-mode vi" in /etc/inputrc the shells get really hosed
in at least one case. Kevin Buettner suggested this some time ago for
RedHat boxen and it has worked everywhere but a really old debian box.

I am trying to learn emacs via the command line, so don't need vi mode
everywhere, but there are a couple of machines where I need to really be
able to get work done, hence need an editting mode that I'm quite
proficient in.

danke,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
# It's up to the reader to make the book interesting.