Houston, I Have a Problem!

Charles Lubin charles_lubin@hotmail.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 12:03:44 MST

Help! I have a dual boot system, Gateway 350, 128RAM, 10gig, partitioned as
two 5gig drives, WIN98 and Caldera's OpenLinux 2.4. Up until two nights ago
I was using KDE as my Desktop, then I decided to use Gnome. Which installed
using the Helix interface, ran great, system really semed to flow nicely
between app and such. Well, last night I was in a hurry and instead of
letting the Linux OS shutdown I turned it off at the login page!(bad man!) I
couple of hours later I re-started the machine and was letting it roll into
linux, everythinh was fine UNTIL it came to checking the System Files! It
failed this step, the next thing that happen was I was prompted to enter my
password for maintenance(?) or Control-D to continue.  Well I entered my
password, then my command prompt appeared. So what maintenance is required?
I never got to the Control-D feature.

Any Suggestions, do I need to reload linux?

thanks,
chuck