GUI Mail Clients (was Re: Oops)

Rod Roark rod@sunsetsystems.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:07:42 -0700

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> J.L.Francois wrote:
> > Your line breaks are greater than 75 characters per line.
>
> Why, in this day and age, should messages have to contain hard newlines?
>  Why are long lines a problem for modern e-mail systems or viewers?  Text
> wrapping is not that difficult an algorithm... or is anybody out there
> still reading messages on a dumb terminal?

For some reason KDE's kmail, which otherwise is pretty good, cannot
word-wrap incoming mail.  I use it because it can filter messages into
designated folders based on the headers, and also supports multiple POP
accounts.

I'd appreciate suggestions for a better Linux-compatible GUI mail
client that can do this.  LDAP support would be nice too.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/