jobs

Kevin Buettner kev@primenet.com
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:40:40 -0700

On Aug 23,  2:11pm, Todd C. Ames wrote:

> I'd just like to register my very mild annoyance (as one or two others have
> recently) with all of the job posting/recruiting that takes place on this
> list.  I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that there are recruiters out
> there trolling these lists for recruits; this seems fundamentally different
> to me from a fellow PLUGer saying, "Hey, I know of a job opening." (which
> doesn't annoy me at all...).

So far, I think that most of the job postings have been tasteful and
on topic.  (Even from recruiters.)

> But in the end, I vote for plug-jobs@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us.

I don't mind seeing them on the main list.  Even though I'm not looking
for new employment at the moment, it certainly is good to know about
job availability in the Phoenix area.

If we get too many such announcements coming to this list, then
perhaps a separate list would be in order.  Right now, I'd prefer to
leave things the way they are...