Network Printer on Linux

Matt G. Ellis mge@speedchoice.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 22:35:13 -0700

RE: SAMBA and ProfilesHello again!

I was reading on one list how to get a printer to work on a linux server, if
there were not linux drives.  The list said this:

---

When I setup a linux network printer, I just point the clients to the raw
spool
(/etc/smb.conf or /etc/printcap) and use the print driver on the windows box
correctly format the output.  That way the print server just accepts the
data
and hands it off to the print daemon.

---

This seems to be what I would like to do, as it fits my situation (windows
clients printing to a printer on a linux computer)

However I am not sure exactly what a raw spool is and how to set it up with
samba.

If you understand this, I would appricate some help, I'm very confused.

--Matt