google (was) usb

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 08:09:34 -0700 (MST)

\_ I have been using Google.com for about 4 months now, and I get what I'm
\_ searching for on the first page every time. That's 100% of the time......
\_ It's the best Search Engine I know of.

Try making this a NS bookmark (remove \'ing)

javascript: str = 'http://www.google.com/search?btnG=Google+Search&q=' \
+ escape(prompt('Enter Google Search term', '')); document.location = str;

It works best if you have javascript turned on, otherwise your mileage
suffers.

I have variants for other popular engines too....  Dynamic bookmarks.
They remember where things go, even if they move.  :-)

I had a set that worked for Macmillian Publishing that would go to
whichever book in once click...skip their ad banners, "bookshelf",
annoying frame...one click, presto! book text!

Then they went and changed the encoding scheme and I decided it wasn't
worth the effort to recrack the encoding based on my usage history.

David