dhcpd

John Albee john@empresamexicana.com
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 18:00:29 -0700

I have a Linux box with a static IP address 63.x.x.227 (eth0, working just
fine).  I installed httpd from the ISC website.  After I installed it I
started writing the /etc/dhcpd.conf file.

It looks like:
default-lease-time 7200;
max-lease-time 14400;
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
option broadcast address 10.0.0.255;
option routers 63.x.x.227;
option domain-name-servers 206.80.192.1, 201.147.80.5;
option domain-name "uswest.net";

subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
    range 10.0.0.10 10.0.0.100;
}

I told the daemon at startup to use eth1.  when I run dhcpd -d -f to check,
I get the output:

Listening on LPF/eth1/......../10.0.0.0
Sending on LPF/eth1/......../10.0.0.0
No subnet declaration for eth0 (63.x.x.227).
Please write a subnet delcaration in dhcpd.conf file for the
networking segment to which the interface eth0 is attached.
exiting.

What am I missing here?  The The windows box lease an IP address.

John Albee