mutt & gpg

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 21:23:24 -0700

The docs for mutt in /usr/doc/mutt/PGP-Notes.txt.gz have a macro example
that you can modify to make GPG do the equivalent of an encrypt to self.

Take a look.

JLF Sends...

It seems like on Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 12:11:20PM -0700, Mike Starke scribbled:
Orig Msg> One thing I haven't figured out how to do in Mutt is
Orig Msg> encrypt a message to BOTH myself and the recepient.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> When I type 'p', it will prompt me for the type of encryption
Orig Msg> (e.g. sign, encrypt, both, etc), and if I have the recepients
Orig Msg> key she will just go down the road just fine. I would, however,
Orig Msg> like it encrypted to my key as well. I would hate to generate
Orig Msg> a seperate attachment and encrpyt the file on the command
Orig Msg> line with 'gpg -r me -r recepient -e -a file' (that is how it
Orig Msg> is done, isn't it?).
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> All bones are always appreciated.
Orig Msg> --
Orig Msg> V/R
Orig Msg> Mike Starke
Orig Msg> mstarke@mobl.com
Orig Msg> public key "http://www.neta.com/~mgcon/downloads/mstarke_public.txt"
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> chgrp -R USMC /home/*
Orig Msg>

JLF Sends...

--
When I said to people to use PGP/GPG for all email they laughed at me
and said they don't use encryption because they have nothing to hide