T1 provider

Mark Peoples hondaman@mainex1.asu.edu
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 17:20:25 -0700

RNi is very cool...I think they have most of Tempe covered, and a good part
of Scottsdale, but don't quote me on it.

The owner is a good friend of my boss...and, yes, it is linux based...email
servers, web servers, solid state linux routers (very cool...just think
'you prick, you hacked my router? ok, i'll reboot it then, sasquatch')

my boss was telling my about the solid state stuff...i'm not sure if they're
using in production environment stuff, but my boss said that they had played
with it a little

they're also into the  LRP as well

-----Original Message-----
From: der.hans [mailto:PLUGd@LuftHans.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 4:49 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: T1 provider

Am 02. Aug, 2000 schwäzte Todd C. Ames so:

> hey - our new building can't get DSL (who can?), but it appears the
previous
> tenant had a T1 line.  I'm new to the Phoenix area - can someone give me
> some pointers on T1 providers in Phoenix (what does the line generally
cost?
> etc.)

Todd,

I know of this really great provider, which will be going live sometime
soon ;-).

In the meantime, look at www.RNI.net, a local dsl and wireless provider. I
don't know how good their service is, but I'm looking at getting it. They
claim to be a Linux-based company and I'm trying to get them to come in to
a PLUG meeting to talk about what they're doing with Linux and what their
services are.

> I really don't want to go down the ISDN road; we might even go for cable
if
> the T1 is too expensive.

They can do ISDN speeds and up.

ciao,