Newbie firewall/masqarade/proxy confusion

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 16:38:35 -0700 (MST)

Am 01. Aug, 2000 schwäzte Alan Dayley so:

> I could not get the script TAR to uncompress without errors.  Is there a
> problem with the file on your page?

I just used it the other day :). You know how to use tar, right? You said
you're a newbie, so I want to make sure we're OK there.

tar xfz masq.tgz

BTW, the tarball isn't setup to unload in a sub-dir as tarballs should as
I haven't done anything about installation, e.g. use tar to install it :).

Also make sure your download mechanism isn't mucking up the
tarball. Netscape tries to unzip things... Try changing the name of the
file to masq.tar and using tar xf on it.

cioa,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
# Knowledge is useless unless it's shared. - der.hans