Need modem for FAX

Hawke proudhawk@uswestmail.net
Wed, 02 Aug 2000 23:18:18 -0700

Mark,
the 33.6 has been nothing less than flawlessly reliable.
It works well with most fax/data/voice phone software (for
winblows) and I have had it working using mingetty under linux.

I have no real need of it now and am desperately in need to the cash
flow (my bro-in-law took me on a trip that cost me $40.00
just to ge to the lake and pay for food).

Otherwise, a 56 K is pretty easy to deal with. However, you have to
make
sure of the specific ITS/protocol they used (such as flex 56K or X2)
as each
will perform differently with your ISP.

Hawke
************************************

Mark Berkwitt wrote:

  I asked my friend (actually, my ex-sister-in-law) how much she
could pay for
  a 56K modem and without actually saying she couldn't pay, I got the
gist.
  On further thought I figure she really needs a 56K modem rather
than the
  33.6 I already gave her.
  How do you like the Zoom Telephonics?  I saw a 56k by Zoom
Telephonics at
  COSTCO going for about $69.