My crusade for web content filtering

Brian Cluff brian@snaptek.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 01:12:20 -0700

> Because proving you are right in a court of law costs money.
> To prove that UUMCUINT is a Cracker Haven[tm] takes more money
> than I have.
> The 1st Amendment is about Free Speach, not Free Legal Counsel.
> Please look up SLAPP in any legal dictionary/site.

Yeah, unfortunatly in todays times, I'm afraid your right.  You can't just
walk into court with incrimination evidence and say here, and you are found
in the right.  You end up getting people nit picking and doing endruns
around your evidence like OJ and Clinton.  They would probably get off
because that didn't fit their understanding of definition of cracking.

> It is cheaper for me to turn crackers attempts in my logs
> over to the AttyGen Office and the FBI than deal with a
> blacklist of National ISPs that will let loose the landsharks
> on a whim. National ISPs will listen to LEAs after they blow me off
> like EXXXXS did after a 2 hour cracker spree in my logs elicited
> *no* response from the abuse department and security department.

Hmmmm, My best guess is that when they got your logs, they said to
themselves.... Hmmm, this guy is paying attention to what we were doing to
him last night.

SLAPP:
It's a Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation. A relatively new
strain of
                  lawsuit, the SLAPP seeks to put a lid on dissenting voices
by threatening legal
                  action.

While looking up SLAPP, i found an intersting article on it for whoever is
reading this and interested:
http://www.freedomforum.org/speech/1998/2/17slappsuits.asp