Using Palm for email in linux

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 22:31:16 -0700

I am curious.
This may seem off topic but I think it has some Linux relevance.

The Pilot can do IR controls like TV and sync thru the IR port.
The Pilot syncs with Outlook and other Win applications.
All in all the Pilot does a lot of what CE does
except for the proprietary Win apps and does it for free.

The only reason I picked the Pilot was because I knew that Linux
applications, and development tools already existed.

If I may ask, what was your criteria for picking
the WinCE device over a PalmOS driven PDA?

It seems like on Sat, Apr 29, 2000 at 09:30:57PM -0700, Mark R. Myers scribbled:
Orig Msg> I just wish that there was something that would allow me to at least sync
Orig Msg> files between my Linux box and my WinCE computer (please, no flames).
Orig Msg> I evaluated both Palms & WinCE and CE was the clear winner for me.
Orig Msg> Yes, I do want it to do everything. I even want it to be a tricorder and
Orig Msg> satellite TV receiver.  :-)
Orig Msg> I like the way it syncs with Outlook.
Orig Msg> I would be willing to forsake that if I could just upload & download files
Orig Msg> between my CE on /dev/ttyS0 and my Linux box.
Orig Msg> I am hoping that Transmeta will be able to make a mobile Linux that has at
Orig Msg> least, if not more functionality as CE.
Orig Msg> I can even use the bugger to control my TV. Now that is a tool and a toy!
Orig Msg> Just what I wanted.
Orig Msg> Mark

JLF Sends...

Haiku Error Message #1: