RPM problem

arson smith arsonsmith@hotmail.com
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 00:02:16 GMT

This is a very strange one. I have been trying to upgrade via rpm a redhat
system 6.0 (with many upgrades) to xfree40.  I am useing the rawhide rpms
from redhat for this and was trying for quite some time.  Two diffrent
versions of the same rpm kept giveing me this same error:

XFree86                     ###################unpacking of archive failed
on file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults: cpio: unlink failed - Bad file
descriptor

I then grabed redhat 6.2 and installed it from scratch.  by this time there
was a new version of XFree86 rpm and it is still giveing me this same
problem.  I am going to see if I can grab the .src.rpm and do it from there
but it seems that this cant be just me having this problem and if it is I
would like to know why.  two completely diffrent systems and 3 diffrent
versions of the same rpm.

thanks for any advice
Bill Warner