RedHat Linux 6.2 and memory

Joel Hanger jhanger@uswest.net
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 07:32:23 -0700

Clayton Stapleton wrote:

> Hi Gang,
> Installed RedHat Linux 6.2 with no trouble. Lilo is functioning from the
>
> boot partition and have added the line append="mem=128m" and the
> beginning. All the memory that is seen is 64mb. Win98 and SuSE 6.2
> see the 128mb. What needs to be done so that RH see the 128mb?
> TIA
> Clay Stapleton

I have RH 6.2 installed also.. I did have a problem with the memory on my
machine also.. but I used the same line, except I uses a M so it was
append="mem=128M"     so I'm not sure if it's case sensitive.
also.. make sure that it's not under any subsections my /etc/lilo.conf
looks
like this:

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
linear
default=linux
append="mem=128M"

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14-5.0
        label=linux
        read-only
        root=/dev/hda5

other=/dev/hda1
        label=dos

other than that I'm not sure what the problem would be.

Joel