Respawn ID

arson smith arsonsmith@hotmail.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:04:27 GMT

I have seen this alot before.  try disableing gdm
on startup.  it is usually because of the x font
server not starting right and gdm starting and dieing
due to the xserver dieing.  I can never remember exactly
how to fix it but it seems that if, during that 5 minutes
you start xfs then the next time gdm will start fine.
other wise check in /etc/inittab tord the end of the file
should something about executeing gdm with a respawn option
uncoment this line and the system should come up fine
then you will need to find out for sure what is causeing
gdm to die on you.

Bill Warner