Report: SGI Linux University

Datawolf datawolf@ibm.net
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:51:55 -0700

Mesa is not complete.  I know that it is currently missing nurbs
functionality, and probably some other things.  Basically, it is a
subset of the OpenGL library.

SGI already has their own complete OpenGL library (they are the official
maintainers of OpenGL), so it is probably better and easier for them to
simply port their version.

Did they say whether they would open source their OpenGL library?

-BVG