Anyone else go to SGI's Linux University?

Mike Cantrell yomahz@devnull.org
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 18:12:46 -0700

No DRI support for nVidia cards because of the closed source drivers
(not linux's fault of course)... 3dfx has really came to the table with
it's arms out but I still get really poor performance with my voodoo3
with games like Unreal Tournament and Quake 3.

It's much better than it use to be but it still has a long way to go.
That's one of the reasons I wanted more info on Xfree86 4 and DRI. I
installed xfree86 4 and configured everything according to all the doc's
I could find... I was running the GL gears test and other GL apps OK but
q3 still ran like shit (comapred to windows)...

Just my $cents++

Mike