PPP problem?

holtzm@primenet.com holtzm@primenet.com
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 11:15:28 -0700

After 6 months of flawless operation, a problem has developed connecting to
my ISP with Gnome's Usernet and KDE's kppp. With Usernet the modem dials, I
hear the handshake and bong tone, then, after 10-15 seconds it redials and
the cycle starts all over. With kppp the error message says pppd died
unexpectedly. It's not an ISP problem, as I connect every time using (spit)
W95. The maddening thing is that once in every 10-20 tries the connection
is established.

To keep this short,I'm not posting the log but if anyone wants to tackle
this I can email it.

Thanks in advance

Bob Holtzman
check the price of the beer!"