Questions about sendmail

Mike Cantrell yomahz@devnull.org
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 08:08:06 -0700

You hsould be able to find the RPM for your distro and it will set it up in a
reasonable fashion for testing purposes. If you keep it for long, you may want
to finish reading your O'reilly book and tighten it down a bit...

Also, you may be able to open up another mail program and use it as a
filehandle. I would be surprised if PHP didn't have this ability. In perl it's
open(MAIL,"|/path/to/mail app -options user@domian.com") and then you can just
print to the file handle and when you close the filehandle with close(MAIL)  the
mail should be sent. This way you aren't just limited to sendmail.

Hope it helps,
Mike Cantrell